Skip to main content

Wednesday Menu...on Thursday and some other stuff

What are we eating this week?

Here is the link to this weeks menu...WEEK 2

Things have been a bit crazy around here because of a new class I'm taking, Noodle had a gymnastics meet, Pumpkin is directing a one act play and is Crew Head for show choir  and my Superman had to travel to Dallas. Whew! So I haven't had a chance to make any of these dishes yet, but I promise to post them once I do. 

So, I started this training class this week called BOLD. It's a cross between sales training and life coaching offered by Keller Williams. I love being a Realtor and want to make sure I am doing the best I can for my past, current, and future clients. Having that said, this class is really challenging me and taking me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY outside my comfort zone. It requires cheering! For myself. Ick. I was a cheerleader in high school and a year in college, so the concept is not foreign to me, but standing up every hour on the hour in a room with other agents and shouting, yes SHOUTING, "I am a great sales person" while double thumb pointing to myself is very foreign to me. I'm not a real "rah rah" kind of person or a daily affirmations kind of person, which is also another thing this class requires, so I have come to the conclusion I am a bit broken in this area. This is what comes to mind when I do these things....

Anyone else?

This is what I like about my job:

I get to help people go through the process of selling their house, and try to make it as stress free as possible. Selling your home is a very stressful time in a families life and often difficult in ways you may not be ready for. And it's especially stressful, when the first low ball offer comes across the table...

I love working with buyers, especially first time home buyers. This process is so fun, I am actually a bit giddy before an appointment. Finding someone a house is like a treasure hunt. When we walk through a house and the buyers eyes light up because the house is "the one", I can't help but get excited.

So, while I grin and go along with the rest of the class, I know I am learning valuable skills to pass along to my clients. Yay me!

I hope your week is full of blessings and new challenges that help you to grow and learn.
Thanks for reading:)

Comments

Favorite Posts

Alex is a senior...sigh

I wanted to share the photo book Shutterfly helped me create this morning. Can't wait until it arrives.  Click here to view this photo book larger You'll love award-winning Shutterfly photo books . Start your own today.

The Wild Women of my life

What happens when 16 women from different states, backgrounds, and generations come together in an amazing house for one long weekend? One Wild Weekend! I think any woman would be excited to have a weekend away. From schedules, requirements, stress, and laundry:) I look forward to this week almost as much as I look forward to date night with my Superman. This annual trip for me came about when my friend Cindy told me I was going with her. This is Cindy and her loving husband Tim: Isn't she just beautiful? Since, this is my blog, and Cindy isn't here to dispute it, here is how I remember the story's beginning. Cindy is my friend and was my girl scout co-leader. We met at an info meeting for scouts and I asked her to help me out with the troop. Because I am a bit of a control freak, I wanted a co-leader to be a fun lady who would have a blast with the girls, and do what I needed done. Which was basically show up and go on fun trips with us. Cindy is a

Master Chef

Have you ever sat in front of your TV, watching a cooking show and thought, I can do that....Well, I do that ALL THE TIME. I yell at cooks on Chopped like others yell at football players on Sundays. I think of course, the chef's can hear me. I cheer for the home cooks on Master Chef the same way. I have watched this show the last 6 seasons and am thoroughly engrossed in season 7 at the moment. The season finale is next week . I CAN'T WAIT! I'm pulling for 5th grade teacher Brandi Mudd to win! She's super cute and comes from a background of cooking for her family and friends in much the same way that I do. My love language is definitely food. I truly am my best me when I'm in the kitchen. Cooking for my family is such a joy, and when I get to cook for friends I love to show off. After telling my Superman and girls that I wanted to be on Master Chef for the last....well all of the seasons, I'm doing it. I filled out my registration online today to go to the o