Skip to main content

I like spreadsheets

I admit it, I love excel. I use it for just about everything I need to keep track of. Time blocking, finances, real estate, and of course my menu and grocery lists.

I am on a quest to keep things at my finger tips because this year is going to be crazy with my pumpkin graduating from High School and then going off to college and my real estate business is really booming right now. So instead of re-creating my menu every week I plan to spend the next couple of weeks making a menu with a grocery list (my goal is 10 weeks) and then printing several copies of both. I will keep them in my newly made family menu binder, that will also include take out menus and coupons. 




The first two weeks I am taking from my current favorite cookbook "Now Eat This!"by Rocco Dispirito You can find it here on Amazon. I used his menu right from the book.






Check out my week 1 menu HERE

I will finish the menu for next week and get it to you next Wednesday. 

Our favorite recipe this week was by far the South of the Border Scramble with Chorizo and Salsa. I posted the recipe here so you can try it too. 



Comments

Favorite Posts

Alex is a senior...sigh

I wanted to share the photo book Shutterfly helped me create this morning. Can't wait until it arrives.  Click here to view this photo book larger You'll love award-winning Shutterfly photo books . Start your own today.

The Wild Women of my life

What happens when 16 women from different states, backgrounds, and generations come together in an amazing house for one long weekend? One Wild Weekend! I think any woman would be excited to have a weekend away. From schedules, requirements, stress, and laundry:) I look forward to this week almost as much as I look forward to date night with my Superman. This annual trip for me came about when my friend Cindy told me I was going with her. This is Cindy and her loving husband Tim: Isn't she just beautiful? Since, this is my blog, and Cindy isn't here to dispute it, here is how I remember the story's beginning. Cindy is my friend and was my girl scout co-leader. We met at an info meeting for scouts and I asked her to help me out with the troop. Because I am a bit of a control freak, I wanted a co-leader to be a fun lady who would have a blast with the girls, and do what I needed done. Which was basically show up and go on fun trips with us. Cindy is a

Master Chef

Have you ever sat in front of your TV, watching a cooking show and thought, I can do that....Well, I do that ALL THE TIME. I yell at cooks on Chopped like others yell at football players on Sundays. I think of course, the chef's can hear me. I cheer for the home cooks on Master Chef the same way. I have watched this show the last 6 seasons and am thoroughly engrossed in season 7 at the moment. The season finale is next week . I CAN'T WAIT! I'm pulling for 5th grade teacher Brandi Mudd to win! She's super cute and comes from a background of cooking for her family and friends in much the same way that I do. My love language is definitely food. I truly am my best me when I'm in the kitchen. Cooking for my family is such a joy, and when I get to cook for friends I love to show off. After telling my Superman and girls that I wanted to be on Master Chef for the last....well all of the seasons, I'm doing it. I filled out my registration online today to go to the o