Skip to main content

Cold Feet

Cold? Did I ask for cold? Just a week ago, when it was close to 90, I was wishing for fall weather, so I could put on some jeans and a sweater. And now, well it's really chilly. And because it's only September, I cannot turn on the furnace. It's a silly rule really, just like I won't turn on the air in May. Those two months, I think should be windows open months. However, the other night I left all the windows open on the first floor.......it was 55 degrees when we woke up. I had to put on socks; I am so not a sock person. But the last few mornings, I have socked up so that my toes don't fall off.

I am loving the BSF study group I joined, we are studying the book of Isaiah. It is sooooo not my learning style as it's a very academic approach. But, here's the thing, I want a better understanding of God's promises for those who seek Him. This book is also a source of comfort and learning for my oldest daughter, and as with all teenagers it's a challenge to always connect with her. If we can connect over a discussion of God's word...well, I can't think of anything better.

I also started leading a bible study called, Transformed Inside Out. It is a scripture based weight loss study. I have struggled with my weight since high school. Earlier this year I told you about my visit to the doctor, and how she told me that if I didn't take action I would be diabetic in the next 5 years. I took her at her word, and decided that the only way to get healthy was do ask God for help. This study focuses on transformation...from the inside out. Formed based on the scripture verse Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, to prove what is that good and acceptable, and perfect will of God."
Amazing, that God gives us the ability to choose to change and He is always there, always the same, and always faithful.

On this principle alone, I can rest because I am in His care.

Comments

Favorite Posts

Alex is a senior...sigh

I wanted to share the photo book Shutterfly helped me create this morning. Can't wait until it arrives.  Click here to view this photo book larger You'll love award-winning Shutterfly photo books . Start your own today.

The Wild Women of my life

What happens when 16 women from different states, backgrounds, and generations come together in an amazing house for one long weekend? One Wild Weekend! I think any woman would be excited to have a weekend away. From schedules, requirements, stress, and laundry:) I look forward to this week almost as much as I look forward to date night with my Superman. This annual trip for me came about when my friend Cindy told me I was going with her. This is Cindy and her loving husband Tim: Isn't she just beautiful? Since, this is my blog, and Cindy isn't here to dispute it, here is how I remember the story's beginning. Cindy is my friend and was my girl scout co-leader. We met at an info meeting for scouts and I asked her to help me out with the troop. Because I am a bit of a control freak, I wanted a co-leader to be a fun lady who would have a blast with the girls, and do what I needed done. Which was basically show up and go on fun trips with us. Cindy is a

Master Chef

Have you ever sat in front of your TV, watching a cooking show and thought, I can do that....Well, I do that ALL THE TIME. I yell at cooks on Chopped like others yell at football players on Sundays. I think of course, the chef's can hear me. I cheer for the home cooks on Master Chef the same way. I have watched this show the last 6 seasons and am thoroughly engrossed in season 7 at the moment. The season finale is next week . I CAN'T WAIT! I'm pulling for 5th grade teacher Brandi Mudd to win! She's super cute and comes from a background of cooking for her family and friends in much the same way that I do. My love language is definitely food. I truly am my best me when I'm in the kitchen. Cooking for my family is such a joy, and when I get to cook for friends I love to show off. After telling my Superman and girls that I wanted to be on Master Chef for the last....well all of the seasons, I'm doing it. I filled out my registration online today to go to the o