Skip to main content

Who am I?

Have you ever asked yourself this question? "Who am I?" or said "I need to find myself?"

This isn't just a question we ask ourselves when we are teenagers or young adults. I find myself asking this question a lot lately.

I have been struggling to keep my quiet time with God everyday. I was once so faithful with this and lately I have let other things and business get in the way. I started with a new firm this year and have found it more demanding than my last. While, I have been continually blessed in my busyness I have found difficulty in finding balance. The further I came from spending time daily in God's word and simple talking with Him the more I found myself asking, who am I?

This is the week we celebrate Easter. I felt a deep desire to be in the word this week and to renew my commitment to God to spend time with Him daily. To worship Him, to learn more about Him, and live as He asks me to.

John 13:3 says;
Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God.

Jesus knew who he was. He knew his purpose. He knew where he was going.
He didn't try to "find himself" He KNEW!

For him being God's son was enough. Living on earth as an example of how we are to live and love.

Being a child of God is not just a huge blessing but a huge responsibility. I wonder on a daily basis if I am up to the challenge. One I know for sure is bigger than I can handle without the help of the Holy Spirit to handle.

Questions I have asked myself over the years:

What should I go to college for? (aka what do I want to be when I grow up?)
vs.
What has God blessed me with, how can I hone those gifts to serve God in my studies and in my profession?
What should my husband do for me?
vs.
How can I be the kind of wife God wants me to be?
How can I stand out and be unique and recognized in this world?
vs.
How can I love other so God's glory can be seen?
John 13:3
Jesus KNEW that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God.
Jesus knew who he was. He came to save you.
As children of God we know we're are here for a short time. We know someday we will go home to live int he place Christ has prepared for us.
It is incomprehensible to that Christ suffered so brutally for me. I have seen the pictures and movies created to give us a glimpse of the horror that it was. I can't help but sob every time I even think about it and pictures float through my mind.
He took my sin and I am in aw.
How can I ever think, "I need to find myself" "figure out who I am" "forge my own way"
I am a child of God. Period.
To find how to live I only need to read and know His word.
I need only seek the Holy Spirit He has sent to dwell within me for guidance and direction.
I. AM. FOUND.

Comments

Favorite Posts

Alex is a senior...sigh

I wanted to share the photo book Shutterfly helped me create this morning. Can't wait until it arrives.  Click here to view this photo book larger You'll love award-winning Shutterfly photo books . Start your own today.

The Wild Women of my life

What happens when 16 women from different states, backgrounds, and generations come together in an amazing house for one long weekend? One Wild Weekend! I think any woman would be excited to have a weekend away. From schedules, requirements, stress, and laundry:) I look forward to this week almost as much as I look forward to date night with my Superman. This annual trip for me came about when my friend Cindy told me I was going with her. This is Cindy and her loving husband Tim: Isn't she just beautiful? Since, this is my blog, and Cindy isn't here to dispute it, here is how I remember the story's beginning. Cindy is my friend and was my girl scout co-leader. We met at an info meeting for scouts and I asked her to help me out with the troop. Because I am a bit of a control freak, I wanted a co-leader to be a fun lady who would have a blast with the girls, and do what I needed done. Which was basically show up and go on fun trips with us. Cindy is a

Master Chef

Have you ever sat in front of your TV, watching a cooking show and thought, I can do that....Well, I do that ALL THE TIME. I yell at cooks on Chopped like others yell at football players on Sundays. I think of course, the chef's can hear me. I cheer for the home cooks on Master Chef the same way. I have watched this show the last 6 seasons and am thoroughly engrossed in season 7 at the moment. The season finale is next week . I CAN'T WAIT! I'm pulling for 5th grade teacher Brandi Mudd to win! She's super cute and comes from a background of cooking for her family and friends in much the same way that I do. My love language is definitely food. I truly am my best me when I'm in the kitchen. Cooking for my family is such a joy, and when I get to cook for friends I love to show off. After telling my Superman and girls that I wanted to be on Master Chef for the last....well all of the seasons, I'm doing it. I filled out my registration online today to go to the o