Skip to main content

A sure foundation

He will be a sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure. Isaiah 33:6




I read this verse the other day as part of my "homework" from a Bible Study Fellowship Class I am taking. Each year they do an in depth (September-May) weekly study of a book or group of books in the Bible. This year is Isaiah. I was really excited to get involved with this study because I am always fascinated with the old testament and my daughter Alex found her life verse in Isaiah.



Isaiah was given great wisdom and knowledge because he depended on the Lord alone. EVERY DAY! He sought the Lord before making his next move. He delivered only the message God gave him to deliver exactly how was directed. That amazes me and I think that is why this verse is still stuck in my head today. I KNOW I don't do that. Sometimes I think I do, or I try and mold what I know God is asking me to do in some way more palatable for me. And sometimes I ignore what He is asking me to do altogether because I think I have a better way. I actually makes me laugh to type that, I have a better way, seriously who do I think I am? It makes so ever so thankful that I am covered by the grace of Christ Jesus.



He will be a sure foundation......



This word can mean several things; (from Dictionary.com) the lowest division of a building, wall, or the like, usually of masonry and partly or wholly below the surface of the ground. This definition came about around 1350-1400. This is actually the first thing I thought of when I read the word. Maybe, it's because of my job as a realtor, but the foundation is one of the things I really look at when I take a buyer to a house. While, sometimes a foundation can be fixed, it's extremely expensive and usually leads to a whole lot of issues down the road. Think about it, your whole house rests on the foundation. If it's moved or cracked or caving in, everything above it will eventually move or crack or cave in.



Foundation can also be used in our relationships, especially marriage. Built on a foundation of love, trust, honesty, and faithfulness, just to name a few. You cannot have a life long marriage without these things, or a friendship really. That's not to say that some of these things won't get messed up along the way, but if you start with all or most of these things and work to repair what gets broken your foundation ca-n be sure.



As a woman, I like this definition..... An undergarment, as a girdle or corset, worn by women to support or give shape to the contours of the body.

This came about around 1925, and can I just say Amen for Spanks today? Enough said.



A promise of foundation: "So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone. In him the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple int he Lord; in whom you also are built together spiritually into a dwelling place for God." Ephesians 2:19-22



How awesome is that? We are joined together as part of God's family. That thought just makes me smile.



So I don't know better, and I cannot build any kind of foundation alone without God FIRST and CENTER!

Comments

Favorite Posts

Alex is a senior...sigh

I wanted to share the photo book Shutterfly helped me create this morning. Can't wait until it arrives.  Click here to view this photo book larger You'll love award-winning Shutterfly photo books . Start your own today.

The Wild Women of my life

What happens when 16 women from different states, backgrounds, and generations come together in an amazing house for one long weekend? One Wild Weekend! I think any woman would be excited to have a weekend away. From schedules, requirements, stress, and laundry:) I look forward to this week almost as much as I look forward to date night with my Superman. This annual trip for me came about when my friend Cindy told me I was going with her. This is Cindy and her loving husband Tim: Isn't she just beautiful? Since, this is my blog, and Cindy isn't here to dispute it, here is how I remember the story's beginning. Cindy is my friend and was my girl scout co-leader. We met at an info meeting for scouts and I asked her to help me out with the troop. Because I am a bit of a control freak, I wanted a co-leader to be a fun lady who would have a blast with the girls, and do what I needed done. Which was basically show up and go on fun trips with us. Cindy is a

Master Chef

Have you ever sat in front of your TV, watching a cooking show and thought, I can do that....Well, I do that ALL THE TIME. I yell at cooks on Chopped like others yell at football players on Sundays. I think of course, the chef's can hear me. I cheer for the home cooks on Master Chef the same way. I have watched this show the last 6 seasons and am thoroughly engrossed in season 7 at the moment. The season finale is next week . I CAN'T WAIT! I'm pulling for 5th grade teacher Brandi Mudd to win! She's super cute and comes from a background of cooking for her family and friends in much the same way that I do. My love language is definitely food. I truly am my best me when I'm in the kitchen. Cooking for my family is such a joy, and when I get to cook for friends I love to show off. After telling my Superman and girls that I wanted to be on Master Chef for the last....well all of the seasons, I'm doing it. I filled out my registration online today to go to the o