Skip to main content

Friends are my heart

John 15:11-17 (The Message)

I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: Love one another the way I loved you. This is the very best way to love. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father.You didn't choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil. As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you. But remember the root command: Love one another.

So, in my job as a realtor I get really excited when my friends call on me to help them buy or sell a property. It gives me great joy to share what I know with them, but what I really love is that moment when they find what they want or sell what they need to. The look of excitement in their eyes is priceless. Most of my business over the past 4 years have been a friend or family member, or at least someone referred by a friend or family member. There is no greater compliment.

But, in the past year, I have listed three houses for great friends of our family. The first was my youngest daughters friend from the neighborhood, they were moving all the way to Texas for a new job. Then there was another friend who had to move to PA, again for a job, and this one was even harder to let go of. This little girl was also a good friend of our youngest daughter. They had been doing gymnastics together since they were both 4 years old. And now, the family's home I'm listing is not only friends of Natalie's but of all of us. Our daughters are the same ages, our husbands both play in the worship band at church, and she and I both have a passion for teaching our youth about how much Jesus loves them and sharing that love as they go along in life. So when she called me and told me that they would need to move, again for a job, I said yes with tears in my eyes.

I could go into how our job market keeps falling, and how great and deserving people are having to figure out how to live again after the loss of a job or how much my families hearts are going to break when this family moves. But, really that wouldn't accomplish much. I am all for a little self pity from time to time, but spending to much time in that place only leads to more self pity. So, I am greatful for the time that I have had with them living here and the new adventures we will have in the future in their new city!

We will enjoy the time we have with them before they go and have a FANTASTIC party to say goodbye!

Comments

Favorite Posts

Alex is a senior...sigh

I wanted to share the photo book Shutterfly helped me create this morning. Can't wait until it arrives.  Click here to view this photo book larger You'll love award-winning Shutterfly photo books . Start your own today.

The Wild Women of my life

What happens when 16 women from different states, backgrounds, and generations come together in an amazing house for one long weekend? One Wild Weekend! I think any woman would be excited to have a weekend away. From schedules, requirements, stress, and laundry:) I look forward to this week almost as much as I look forward to date night with my Superman. This annual trip for me came about when my friend Cindy told me I was going with her. This is Cindy and her loving husband Tim: Isn't she just beautiful? Since, this is my blog, and Cindy isn't here to dispute it, here is how I remember the story's beginning. Cindy is my friend and was my girl scout co-leader. We met at an info meeting for scouts and I asked her to help me out with the troop. Because I am a bit of a control freak, I wanted a co-leader to be a fun lady who would have a blast with the girls, and do what I needed done. Which was basically show up and go on fun trips with us. Cindy is a

Master Chef

Have you ever sat in front of your TV, watching a cooking show and thought, I can do that....Well, I do that ALL THE TIME. I yell at cooks on Chopped like others yell at football players on Sundays. I think of course, the chef's can hear me. I cheer for the home cooks on Master Chef the same way. I have watched this show the last 6 seasons and am thoroughly engrossed in season 7 at the moment. The season finale is next week . I CAN'T WAIT! I'm pulling for 5th grade teacher Brandi Mudd to win! She's super cute and comes from a background of cooking for her family and friends in much the same way that I do. My love language is definitely food. I truly am my best me when I'm in the kitchen. Cooking for my family is such a joy, and when I get to cook for friends I love to show off. After telling my Superman and girls that I wanted to be on Master Chef for the last....well all of the seasons, I'm doing it. I filled out my registration online today to go to the o