Skip to main content

The Scale

The scale needs to be hidden. I am addicted to standing on it. Seriously! Do I think it's going to miraculously say 150 just because I want it to. And when (yes when) it does say 150 will everything just be better? I ask myself this question often. The answer is always no, still I haven't given up hopping on the darn thing every time I go upstairs.



So what makes things better? Tomorrow is the last day of the bible study I have been doing. It's called Transformed Inside Out. It has been a journey about developing a balanced healthy lifestyle that honors God in every area of our lives. Every week has taken me a step closer to God in areas that I have fallen away. As always some of the study was easy and a lot of it was rocky, scary, frustrating, and enlightening.

I have learned that I have a choice. And most importantly I need to CHOOSE to change. As I look back through my study pages and read my thoughts and answers I am surprised how far I have come. Do you ever have that feeling that you haven't made a big difference? I do. I didn't realize how far, until this morning when I opened the first weeks study again. It was a reminder that God is in control and we can do anything, but only with His help. How cool is that? I don't have to go it alone. I have a partner.

I have to admit that when I let my blood sugar get low and I am crabby hungry, I don't have a great ability to choose wisely and those times certainly reflect badly on the scale, and in my mind. Ya know when I was in school I saw a picture of lungs that were damaged by years of smoking. Maybe I need to see a picture of the inside of my body and the damage that is caused by the food I eat that is not healthy for me. Don't get me wrong, I love sweets and have no intention of giving them up, but eating them in the quantities I used to and instead of healthy food has come to an end. I feel badly emotionally and physically. And I want to choose to not feel that way anymore.

Comments

Favorite Posts

Alex is a senior...sigh

I wanted to share the photo book Shutterfly helped me create this morning. Can't wait until it arrives.  Click here to view this photo book larger You'll love award-winning Shutterfly photo books . Start your own today.

The Wild Women of my life

What happens when 16 women from different states, backgrounds, and generations come together in an amazing house for one long weekend? One Wild Weekend! I think any woman would be excited to have a weekend away. From schedules, requirements, stress, and laundry:) I look forward to this week almost as much as I look forward to date night with my Superman. This annual trip for me came about when my friend Cindy told me I was going with her. This is Cindy and her loving husband Tim: Isn't she just beautiful? Since, this is my blog, and Cindy isn't here to dispute it, here is how I remember the story's beginning. Cindy is my friend and was my girl scout co-leader. We met at an info meeting for scouts and I asked her to help me out with the troop. Because I am a bit of a control freak, I wanted a co-leader to be a fun lady who would have a blast with the girls, and do what I needed done. Which was basically show up and go on fun trips with us. Cindy is a

Master Chef

Have you ever sat in front of your TV, watching a cooking show and thought, I can do that....Well, I do that ALL THE TIME. I yell at cooks on Chopped like others yell at football players on Sundays. I think of course, the chef's can hear me. I cheer for the home cooks on Master Chef the same way. I have watched this show the last 6 seasons and am thoroughly engrossed in season 7 at the moment. The season finale is next week . I CAN'T WAIT! I'm pulling for 5th grade teacher Brandi Mudd to win! She's super cute and comes from a background of cooking for her family and friends in much the same way that I do. My love language is definitely food. I truly am my best me when I'm in the kitchen. Cooking for my family is such a joy, and when I get to cook for friends I love to show off. After telling my Superman and girls that I wanted to be on Master Chef for the last....well all of the seasons, I'm doing it. I filled out my registration online today to go to the o